History

Our Company at a Glance

Our History, Beginning, and Evolution

Bob Murphy Inc was started in 1949 by Robert S. Murphy and Robert F. Schumann as a topsoil and gravel firm. In 1981, the firm expanded into the steel fabrication business, owing to necessity, to build a floating sand and gravel dredge for an affiliated company, Barney & Dickenson Inc. As the dredge neared completion, we were able to utilize the same equipment to accommodate the specialized needs of local businesses.
 
We are also distributors of IntegraSpec Insulated Concrete Forms, Form-A-Drain Forming Systems, Multicoat Stucco Products, and concrete accessories.
Contact Us Today
Image placeholder

Count on Us for All Your Building Needs

  • Centrally located
  • Family-owned and operated
  • Second-generation business
  • Large in-stock inventory
  • 52,500 square foot warehouse
Image placeholder

Dedicated to Quality and Excellence

In recent years, we have added staff and equipment to increase our fabricating capabilities and to enhance the quality of service provided to our customers. In 2005, our 52,500 square foot warehouse was completed and is now stocked for steel sales.
 
Visit our other site to learn more about Barney & Dickenson Inc, our ready-mix concrete, sand, and gravel company.
Barney's logo
Image placeholder
Share by: